Responsible Wealth (RW) is a network of business leaders, investors, and inheritors in the top 5% of income and/or wealth in the U.S. who believe that growing inequality is not in their best interest, nor in the best interest of society. As beneficiaries of economic policies tilted in their favor, RW members feel a responsibility to join with others in examining and changing the corporate and government policies that are widening the economic gap.
Members of Responsible Wealth recognize that their own prosperity and success would not be possible without the foundation of a strong public education system, an effective transportation network, a strong legal system, and more. RW members are bound by their commitment to supporting the public investments from which they have greatly benefited.
Responsible Wealth members actively engage in high-profile tax fairness advocacy in a variety of ways:
- Speaking out to the media about economic fairness issues (taxes, wage issues, budget issues, corporate accountability, etc.).
- Taking the Tax Fairness Pledge to redirect tax savings to tax fairness efforts.
- Lobbying state legislators and Congress.
- Participating in RW’s shareholder accountability initiative by filing resolutions and attending annual meetings (either in person or through a proxy).
- Directly supporting grassroots tax fairness organizing work in their state.
If your income puts you in the top 5% of wealth in the U.S. (over $200,000 household income and/or over $1 million net assets) and you care about economic justice, consider becoming a member of Responsible Wealth today!
Sign in withFacebook Twitter